Letchworth woman assaulted by man trying to steal her handbag
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been left with bruises to her arms and legs after being assaulted by a man trying to steal her handbag.
The incident occurred at around midnight on Saturday in Radburn Way, Letchworth GC, when the victim – a woman in her 40s – was walking alone.
A man attempted to take her handbag and, as he did so, the woman fell to the ground. She was then assaulted before the man ran away.
Nothing was stolen but the woman received bruising to her arms and legs.
At 11.30pm there had been an argument involving the woman, who was in company with two men at the time, and two other men in Radburn Way.
You may also want to watch:
The two groups went their separate ways after the incident but the woman had return to the area half an hour later to find some property she believed she may have lost when the assault occurred.
The offender is described by police as a white man, aged between 18-23, 5ft 8in tall and of medium build. He has short, dark brown hair and was wearing a light blue or grey tracksuit top at the time.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
Anyone with information should contact the North Herts Local Crime Unit via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101, citing crime reference G2/14/999. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.