Letchworth wedding competition winners celebrate big day
- Credit: Archant
A couple who won a wedding in a competition in the Comet earlier this year have celebrated their big day.
Evie Lieberherr and Jonathan Grieves won a wedding reception for 60 people at the Mercure Letchworth Hall Hotel.
They married at St Mark’s Church in Hitchin on October 5 and the sun shone on their special day.
Evie and Jonathan chose an autumnal theme for their wedding, as they love the colours associated with the season.
The wedding room was decorated by their friends to ensure a personal touch, and the bride and groom welcomed friends and family from countries all over the world, including Switzerland, America and Russia.
Evie said: “We were delighted with our wedding at Letchworth Hall Hotel – the room looked just as we hoped it would. Our guests loved the food and it is a day that will stay in our memory forever.
“We would recommend Letchworth to anyone planning a special wedding and would especially like to thank Loren, Letchworth’s dedicated wedding co-ordinator, for the help and support she gave to us.”
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 4 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 9 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
General manager for Letchworth Hall Hotel, José Gomez, said: “It was a real pleasure to welcome Jonathan and Evie for their wedding day. We know this is one of the most important days for any couple and we do our best to make it very special.”
The bride and groom enjoyed an overnight stay in the hotel after their wedding, which was also part of their prize.