Letchworth to host food and garden festival
A FOOD and garden festival will return to Letchworth GC this summer after a similar event two years ago.
Letchworth Town Centre Partnership has announced it will hold the Letchworth Food and Garden Festival in the town centre on May 19 and 20.
The event, which follows a similar festival organised by the Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation in 2010, will include cookery demonstrations, free entertainment, advice from gardening experts and an array of market stalls.
Letchworth town centre manager Lee Boswell said: “With local food heroes showcasing some of the best produce from the region in our market place, chefs at the top of their game sharing their cookery secrets and skills at our demonstration kitchens, and some fantastic street food from around the globe to munch on, the weekend will be a real feast for the town’s residents and visitors to enjoy.
“If you love great tasting food, want to know more about where your food comes from and how you can grow it yourself, and learn how to knock up some fantastic meals in minutes then this year’s festival is a must attend event.
“Our experts, stallholders and chefs will be on hand to provide simple solutions from ideas to help reduce food waste by shopping smarter and getting creative with leftovers to advice on growing your own herbs and plants in a tiny space such as a window sill. We’ve got lots of treats and surprises up our sleeve so keep an eye on our website for the latest news.”
Already confirmed for the festival is chef Dean Edwards, a regular on ITV show Lorraine.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
He added: “Food festivals are a great way to spread the message about reducing food waste, supporting our local food heroes, and shopping sustainably. I’m pleased to give my support to this year’s Letchworth Food and Garden Festival. I hope to see you there.”
To book a stall visit www.letchworthfoodfestival.co.uk or contact Letchworth Town Centre Partnership event organiser Di Adkins on 01462 486999.