Letchworth tennis club juniors star alongside Roger Federer and Andy Murray in Barclays ATP World Tour Finals
- Credit: Archant
Two aspiring tennis players had the chance to share the limelight with the sport’s leading stars competing at London’s O2 venue.
James Wallace and Eleanor Skipp, both 15, train at Letchworth Sports and Tennis Club, and appeared as ‘ball kids’ alongside big name players such as Roger Federer and Great Britain’s Andy Murray at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.
James, from Meppershall, and Eleanor, who lives in Stevenage, were among 30 ball kids – chosen from more than 1,500 applicants – to play their part on court.
James’ mother Fiona said: “It was absolutely amazing for James. The whole atmosphere was incredible – it was like a pop concert.”
Letchworth’s club manager Louise Penny added: “Having two of our junior members participate at the ATP world tour finals as a Barclays ball kid is just the icing on the cake for our club. We are so proud of these two budding tennis players, and for the hardwork they’ve put in to achieving what is merely a dream to others.”
You may also want to watch:
Register your interest for the 2015 trials at www.barclaysballkids.com and you could be in the squad at next year’s tournament.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 10 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV