Letchworth teenager wins top Arsenal day out
- Credit: Archant
A LUCKY teenager enjoyed a day out to remember with Arsenal Football Club, winning the chance to sail down the Thames to Craven Cottage to watch the Gunners’ Premier League clash with Fulham.
Shanice Farodoye from Letchworth GC took a boat trip on Saturday along with 40 other members of the club’s young supporters’ group – the Junior Gunners.
The group took in a host of top London landmarks, while being treated to weird and wonderful facts about the buildings they passed courtesy of Arsenal historian Samir Singh.
There was also a Gunners quiz, in which the 15–year–old bagged herself a £20 voucher for the Arsenal store.
After mooring at Putney Pier, the group took in Arsenal’s 1-0 victory over the Cottagers.
You may also want to watch:
Shanice won her place on the boat trip and a ticket to the game through a Junior Gunner competition and was selected from hundreds of entries.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 7 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 8 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 9 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision