Letchworth teen guilty of late-night Hitchin town centre GBH
- Credit: Archant
A Letchworth youth who seriously injured another teenager’s eye during a late-night assault in Hitchin town centre has been found guilty of GBH.
The 17-year-old, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, was handed an 18-month detention and training order by Stevenage magistrates on Thursday.
The bench, chaired by Douglas Steele, found the defendant showed “no remorse” for the injuries caused in Market Place in the early hours of Sunday, May 14.
The magistrates also noted that the injuries had caused a “lasting, permanent impact” on the victim, who was aged 19 at the time of the incident.
The 17-year-old denied GBH and assaulting a second man, but was found guilty of both counts.
In addition to the 18-month order – served half in custody, half under supervision in the community – he must pay £1,500 in compensation.
- 1 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 2 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 3 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 4 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades
- 5 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 8 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 9 Our Bedfordshire villages: 'Rural reporting has been my greatest pleasure'
- 10 Positives and progress continue at Hartlepool with Tisdale happy with Boro's point