Letchworth student wins national rink hockey award
- Credit: Archant
A 12-year-old boy from Letchworth has been awarded the national under 13s Player of the Year in rink hockey.
Luca Oakley joined the Letchworth Rink Hockey Club and the England Development Program at the age of 7.
Last year the Heritage Foundation awarded him a grant to enable him to travel and compete in the Eurockey Competition in Spain.
The Highfield student has since travelled abroad many times to play against many high level European teams and has had a very successful season with the LRHC playing in both U13 and U15 teams.
Luca’s mum Aline Oakley said: “We are so proud of Luca’s achievement. We’d like to thank The Highfield School for their support in allowing Luca time off school to play for the England Development Squad.
You may also want to watch:
“It is without a doubt helping him to develop into a very talented player and young man that knows the importance of teamwork, respect, commitment and discipline.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine