Letchworth school pays tribute to ‘much-loved’ former nursery worker
- Credit: Archant
A school has paid tribute to a “much-loved” former nursery worker.
Valerie Olton, who worked at St Christopher School in Letchworth GC for 18 years, died in a reported jeep safari accident in Turkey on June 20.
The 53-year-old worked in the Montessori Nursery and in after school care at the Barrington Road school from 1993 until 2011.
Headteacher Richard Palmer said: “She was a much-loved and respected friend, teacher and colleague and will be sorely missed. The news of her tragic death has shocked the entire school community.
“The school and the children that were cared for by her were very lucky indeed to have known her. Our thoughts are with her family and friends.”
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage Mayor Sherma Batson tweeted: “I am extremely shocked and saddened to hear about the accidental death in Turkey of Valerie Olton. My heart goes out to Denzil and the family.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'