Letchworth school donates PPE to care homes amid national shortage
- Credit: Archant
St Francis’ College in Letchworth has donated PPE to two local care homes amid mounting fears of a national shortage.
The Science Department at St. Francis has donated a range of much-needed PPE to Foxholes Care Home in Hitchin, and Garden City Court Care Home in Letchworth.
In total, St Francis’ College has donated 106 safety spectacles, 60 splash-proof goggles, 10 boxes of protective gloves and some disposable aprons which will protect care home staff who are playing a vital role in the fight against COVID-19.
Headteacher Mrs Bronwen Goulding said: “Our Science Department is delighted to be able to assist those in need during this difficult time.”
The donation comes amid growing evidence that care home workers are being left behind in the distribution of PPE to the frontline.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Gandecha, estate manager at Foxholes Care Home, said: “We would like to personally thank St. Francis’ College for their very kind donation of PPE. It has been greatly received by our staff and it’s incredible to see, as a community, we’re all pulling together in these unprecedented times.
“Hitchin, and the surrounding area, has a strong community spirit, and this is a prime example of that. The donations will make a huge difference in helping us continue to protect our residents.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
If you have been donating PPE in your community, get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org