Letchworth samba group looking to drum up new members
YOU can play to the carnival beat as a free samba taster session comes to Letchworth GC.
Garden City Samba are offering people the chance to play in their community percussion group, which specialises in Brazilian Carnival Rhythms, on Tuesday, January 25, at Mrs Howard Hall in the town.
Following the taster session, there will be the opportunity to sign up for a 10 week percussion course that starts on 1 February 1 and is supported by North Herts District Council (NHDC) and One Voice Music.
Cllr Tricia Cowley, NHDC portfolio holder for Community Engagement, said: “Garden City Samba is a fun new group that is just starting out and is hoping to attract members of the community to join.
“It will bring together people from all ages and walks of life, to teach them how to work together and achieve something worthwhile.
You may also want to watch:
“Taking part in a percussion drumming group can be enormously rewarding and generates positive benefits like relieving stress.
“The course will also help to promote multicultural awareness and aims to give its members a great sense of community. We are proud to be supporting this worthwhile project.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
To book a place for the free taster session call 07802 894176 or email firstname.lastname@example.org