Letchworth Samba band appealing for more members
- Credit: Archant
Tomorrow a Brazilian percussion group will be banging the drum for new members.
Letchworth-based band, Garden City Samba, are hoping to attract new faces by showcasing their carnival rhythm and dance talents at their next show, A Flavour of Brazil, which takes place at Club 85 in Hitchin from 7pm to 11pm on Saturday, October 19.
The evening of entertainment will include multiple performances from the band, Brazilian food, mini dance and drumming workshops, a themed quiz and raffle prizes.
Anna Redmond, of Garden City Samba, said: “We are totally inclusive. We’re open to all new members of any ability and our current membership ranges in age from 9 to 89.
“We aim to bring a little colour to the local area by learning about Brazilian culture and playing in local gigs. Our musical director is Ravin Jayasuriya who is a drumming genius and an award winning tutor. We are looking for new members to join our happy band!”
You may also want to watch:
Practices are from 7pm to 9pm every Tuesday at St Francis School in Letchworth, with the first session free for first timers.
Tickets for the show are priced at £5 in advance and £7 on the door from Club 85 one the evening.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 6 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 7 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
For more information visit www.gardencitysamba.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.