Garden House Hospice Care’s Starlight Walk in Letchworth cancelled
- Credit: Archant
Garden House Hospice Care’s Starlight Walk in Letchworth has been cancelled – in what would have been its 10th year.
The night-time event, which quickly became an calendar highlight after its 2009 launch, was due to take place tomorrow – with the 1980s as its theme.
But the hospice charity – which is based in Letchworth’s Gillison Close, and cares for people with life-limiting illnesses across North Herts – has now announced the six-mile walk will no longer go ahead due to low numbers.
The charity’s Lisa Seccombe told this paper: “It is with regret that we had to cancel our Starlight Walk event, which was due to run on Saturday, September 15.
“Unfortunately the event did not reach the wished number of participants to make it cost-effective to run.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank those who had signed up to the event, and apologise for any inconvenience caused to them or others who were planning to sign up on the night.
“All those who had signed up have been informed and offered to transfer onto another event or money refunded.
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 6 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 7 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Primary school's Early Years team achieves award for quality standards
“As ever we are grateful to everyone who supports our fundraising events – the support is important to raise the vital funds needed to run our services.”
To find outmore about Garden House Hospice Care, go to www.ghhospicecare.org.uk.