Garden House Hospice Care’s Starlight Walk in Letchworth cancelled
- Credit: Archant
Garden House Hospice Care’s Starlight Walk in Letchworth has been cancelled – in what would have been its 10th year.
The night-time event, which quickly became an calendar highlight after its 2009 launch, was due to take place tomorrow – with the 1980s as its theme.
But the hospice charity – which is based in Letchworth’s Gillison Close, and cares for people with life-limiting illnesses across North Herts – has now announced the six-mile walk will no longer go ahead due to low numbers.
The charity’s Lisa Seccombe told this paper: “It is with regret that we had to cancel our Starlight Walk event, which was due to run on Saturday, September 15.
“Unfortunately the event did not reach the wished number of participants to make it cost-effective to run.
“We would like to thank those who had signed up to the event, and apologise for any inconvenience caused to them or others who were planning to sign up on the night.
“All those who had signed up have been informed and offered to transfer onto another event or money refunded.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
“As ever we are grateful to everyone who supports our fundraising events – the support is important to raise the vital funds needed to run our services.”
To find outmore about Garden House Hospice Care, go to www.ghhospicecare.org.uk.