Indecent exposure incident in Letchworth park prompts appeal
- Credit: Archant
A 55-year-old has been arrested after a man is said to have indecently exposed himself in front of a woman in a Letchworth park.
The alleged incident happened in Howard Park and Gardens, off Rushby Mead and Norton Way South, at around 5pm on Thursday.
It’s been reported to police that a woman in her 20s was approached by a man and began a conversation with her, before indecently exposing himself to her. He also said to have touched himself inappropriately.
The man is described by police as white, around 5ft 7in tall and of slim build.
He was wearing a black coat with two zips, brown suit trousers with stains on them, brown socks and a floppy green hat.
You may also want to watch:
One of his trouser legs with tucked into his sock, and he was carrying two carrier bags.
In an appeal for witnesses, PC Mathew Vincenti said: “At the time of the incident, the park was very busy and there were lots of people in the vicinity.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
“I am keen to speak to anyone who saw a man matching the description in the park, or saw the incident happen.”
A 55-year-old man from Watford has been arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure and released under investigation while enquiries continue.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via its anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.