Letchworth’s David’s Music holding free party to celebrate forthcoming Record Store Day – with indie/folk duo Worry Dolls playing live!
- Credit: Archant
The brilliant David’s Music in Letchworth are holding a special party to celebrate the launch of the tenth anniversary of the equally brilliant Record Store Day.
The eagerly-awaited event at the popular independent store on Eastcheap is to be held a week tomorrow – on Tuesday, March 21 from 6pm to 9pm.
The evening will be the first look for customers at David’s official product list of limited edition vinyl to be released on Record Store Day, which takes place on Saturday, April 22.
There will also be a live in-store performance from indie-folk duo the Worry Dolls on the night – complete with food and drink and informed and intelligent chats about music – and it’s all free!
World Record Day is when more than 200 independent record stores across the UK come together to celebrate their unique culture. Special vinyl releases are made exclusively for the day with thousands more shops around the globe also taking place – in what has become one of the biggest annual events on the music calendar.
For more details on the event follow David’s on Twitter @DavidsMusicLGC.
To learn more about the Worry Dolls visit www.worrydollsmusic.com and for more on next month’s Record Store Day see www.recordstoreday.co.uk
- 1 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 2 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 3 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 4 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 5 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 8 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 9 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
- 10 Serious collision on A602 injures four