Letchworth’s Daniel Shea recognised with Society of Garden Designers future designer award
- Credit: Archant
A Letchworth garden designer was among the winners at the Society of Garden Designers Awards in London.
Daniel Shea won the Future Designer Award for his Gamekeeper’s Cottage, a two-acre country garden in Hertford’s Letty Green.
The design includes a 15-metre reflection pool, surrounded by perennial-style planting and wild flower meadows.
Daniel said: “It’s a privilege to receive this award and have my work recognised by expert judges and designers.
“I’m hopeful the award will lead to exciting new projects in Hertfordshire in the near future.”
You may also want to watch:
Presenting the award on Friday last week, garden designer and TV presenter Ann-Marie Powell said: “Daniel is going to go on to excel.”
The Society of Garden Designers judging panel called the cottage garden design “an exceptional design that met the client’s brief in a bold yet sympathetic way.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 7 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 8 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
“The design of the garden helps unify the new build into the existing site and complements both the old and the new.
“The articulation of space is handled with great competence and the strong, yet soft architectural planting links everything together and softens any hard lines.”
To find out more about Daniel and his work, see danielshea.co.uk.