Letchworth robber steals man’s iPad after pushing him into fence
- Credit: Archant
A man walking in Letchworth had his iPad stolen by a robber who pushed him into a fence – and police have today appealed for witnesses.
The robbery happened in Broughton Hill between 9.45pm and 9.55pm on Sunday, February 26, when the victim – a man in his 30s – was walking with his iPad in his hands.
He was approached from behind by someone who pushed him into a fence and stole the iPad. The robber then made off on foot through the alleyway on Broughton Hill.
The victim initially gave chase, but lost the robber.
Det Con Kerry Burrows, who is investigating, said officers believed a dog-walker may have seen the chase.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I am appealing for that person to contact police as you may have information that could assist the investigation.
“I would also like to speak to anyone else who was in the area between the times stated and saw what happened or anyone who believes they have information that could help our enquiries.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Anyone with information should call police on 101, quoting crime reference G2/17/448.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or through their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.