Letchworth road closed due to burst water main
- Credit: Archant
A burst water main has caused “considerable damage” to a road this morning (Tuesday).
A section of Norton Road in Letchworth GC, between Green Lane and Cashio Lane, has been temporarily closed, with Affinity Water, which supply the area’s water, working to repair the damage.
A spokesman from Affinity Water said: “We would like to apologise to customers for the disruption caused by a burst on a 4 inch water main in Norton Road, Letchworth today (Tuesday). The burst happened at 7.20 this morning and has caused considerable damage to the road resulting in a temporary closure.
“Our repair team are on site to fix the main, which should be completed later today. We would like to thank customers for their patience while this work is being carried out.
“During this time we ask you not to use any electrical appliances that require a water supply, like washing machines or dishwashers, and to conserve water from storage tanks during the time your water supply is interrupted.”
Members of the public have been asked to avoid the area if possible.
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 4 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 5 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 8 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 9 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf
- 10 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage