Letchworth resident scoops national nurse award
A NURSE has been declared the best in the business after winning a national award.
Colleagues at Nevells Road Surgery in Letchworth GC put Marie Nash forward for the General Practice Awards’ Nurse of the Year category in recognition of her work running the diabetic clinic.
The Letchworth GC resident, who has worked at the doctors’ surgery for the last eight years, was up against more than 200 other nominees but scooped the accolade at a presentation evening in London.
She said: “To be able to say I was a finalist was amazing enough but I was really shocked to win. I didn’t realise it was for the whole of the UK either.”
Dr Andrew Young, a partner at the practice, added: “The reason we nominated her was because she has been running our diabetic clinic for the past few years with results that can only be described as incredible.
You may also want to watch:
“While running an exemplary service, Marie has also found time to do general nursing at the surgery as well as extended hours nursing. And she cheers us all up every day with her infectious laugh.”
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain