Letchworth ready for food festival
- Credit: Archant
A TOWN centre is set to become a food and garden lovers’ paradise.
Taking place on May 18 and 19, the third annual Letchworth GC Food and Garden Festival will include a cookery stage with live demonstrations from chefs, a bustling marketplace of stall holders, as well as a stage dedicated to gardening.
Families will be catered for with a packed programme of children’s activities including painting garden pots, creating badges and learning more about honey bees.
Headlining the cookery stage on Saturday, May 18, will be Coronation Street actor turned chef and cheese maker Sean Wilson, who played Martin Platt in the soap.
Sean will be demonstrating his skills at midday and signing copies of his book.
You may also want to watch:
Joining Sean over the weekend will be chefs from the area’s restaurants such as Hermitage Rd, Radcliffe Arms, The Fox at Willian, and Redcoats Farmhouse.
Children’s favourite CBeebies star Mr Bloom, played by Ben Faulks, will headline the gardening stage on Sunday, May 19.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
Organiser and town centre manager Lee Boswell said: “If you love cooking and eating good food then this year’s festival is a must-visit event.
There’s even a continental theme as we welcome a French market to Garden Square Shopping Centre.
“With some of the best regional produce on show, as well as our regular farmers’ market, it’s shaping up to be a fabulous family day out in Letchworth.
“The addition of a gardening stage means we’re able to accommodate some great green-fingered experts, offering hints and tips on keeping the garden in shape, as well as kids’ favourite Mr Bloom and so much more.”
The festival takes place from 10am to 4pm on both days.