Coffee mornings for ex-RAF personnel begin in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
The Letchworth, Hitchin & District Branch of the Royal Air Forces Association held its first monthly coffee morning for members and ex-Royal Air Force personnel earlier this month.
The mornings – which have been named NAFFI BREAK – are for ex-RAF members to meet once a month and have a coffee and chat, helping them to get out and socialise with like-minded people.
During the first session, member Ken Needham was present with an engraved tankard on behalf of the branch.
He was thanked for the work he has done in arranging the event for the welfare of ex-RAF men and women.
The gatherings are held on the first Tuesday of each month, at the Par 3 Golf Centre in Letchworth from 10am to 12 noon.
Coffee will be subsidised for all ex-RAF personnel.
The next NAFFI BREAK meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 7.
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 4 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 5 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 8 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 9 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 10 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf