Coffee mornings for ex-RAF personnel begin in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
The Letchworth, Hitchin & District Branch of the Royal Air Forces Association held its first monthly coffee morning for members and ex-Royal Air Force personnel earlier this month.
The mornings – which have been named NAFFI BREAK – are for ex-RAF members to meet once a month and have a coffee and chat, helping them to get out and socialise with like-minded people.
During the first session, member Ken Needham was present with an engraved tankard on behalf of the branch.
He was thanked for the work he has done in arranging the event for the welfare of ex-RAF men and women.
The gatherings are held on the first Tuesday of each month, at the Par 3 Golf Centre in Letchworth from 10am to 12 noon.
You may also want to watch:
Coffee will be subsidised for all ex-RAF personnel.
The next NAFFI BREAK meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 7.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death