Letchworth pre-school celebrates 50th anniversary
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A Letchworth pre-school have celebrated its 50th anniversary with an open day filled with dancing, face-painting and cake.
Bedford Road Pre-school – which opened in 1968 – welcomed past, present and future pupils to enjoy toy stalls, raffles, balloons and a tombola.
Zara who runs Boogie Tots in the town also dropped in for a dance session with the children and the local children’s centre organised crown-making.
Owner Karen Keighley said: “Bedford Road Pre-school was established in 1968 by a lady who felt there should be somewhere for children to play together. Also, as a way of local parents to meet.
“It was a small group open for three mornings a week using a church hall. As the numbers of children increased the pre-school opened each morning. When the Wilbury Hall was opened in the 1980s the numbers increased again.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very proud to have been serving the local community for 50 years!”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years