Letchworth park to get a makeover
- Credit: Archant
Work is underway to restore a brook that runs through a major Letchworth park.
The restoration of Pix Brook, which runs from Pixmore Way to Hillshott, is expected to be completed by the end of May.
The work has involved removing vegetation and thinning trees along the bank to increase levels of light and open up views across the park. Wild seeds will also be planted.
A shallower bank profile will also be made to reduce the risk of flooding in the event of adverse weather.
Vaughan Watson, head of Leisure and Environmental Services at North Hertfordshire District Council, said: “A project to enhance the watercourse running through Howard Park and Gardens began this month. We are sure residents will enjoy the area when it is completed at the end of May”.
You may also want to watch:
After restoration work is finished, the watercourse will become home to waterside plants and attractive to dragonflies and damselflies.
For more information contact park ranger, Tanya Dickson on 0755 3359 314 or email Tanya.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go