Letchworth panto crowned the best
A THEATRICAL society’s annual pantomime has been crowned the best in the area.
The Song, Pantomime and Drama Society (SPADS) received the award from the National Operatic and Dramatic Association (NODA) for its production of Sleeping Beauty.
The show, written by SPADS member Helen Lohan, was held at the Plinston in Letchworth GC during the Christmas period in a near sell-out run.
In the official review, the NODA representative for district 9, which covers north and east Hertfordshire, “found the children to be totally engrossed in the story and the action”.
Patrick Lohan, chairman of SPADS, which is celebrating its 75th year, said: “This is a great reward for all the hard work that went into such a wonderful production. From on-stage, back-stage and front of house, it was a marvellous team effort.
You may also want to watch:
“Special thanks must go to Helen Lohan for writing the script and Annabel Clarke for producing the show. This bodes well for our move to St Francis Theatre this coming Christmas - bring on our 75th year!”
For more information about upcoming shows, including Happy Families which runs between June 21 and 23, visit www.spads-drama.org.uk
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket