Letchworth outdoor pool chosen to host Macmillan Lido Challenge
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth Outdoor Pool has been chosen as one of four venues across the UK to host the Macmillan Lido Challenge.
The sponsored 2km swim – which takes place on Saturday, September 5 – will see hundreds taking to the waters to try and raise £25,000 for the cancer support charity.
Emma Lovesey, who is challenge events programme manager at Macmillan, said “We’re absolutely delighted to be expanding the series to Letchworth this year.
“It is sure to be a fun-filled event that will raise vital funds to support those people living with cancer in the UK.
“In Hertfordshire alone more than 5,000 people a year are diagnosed with cancer – 14 people every single day. We need everyone on board.”
You may also want to watch:
Entrance is £20 and swimmers can take part as individuals or in a relay team, such as our very own Crow Crawlers. For further information and to register, visit www.macmillan.org.uk/lidoletchworth or call 020 7840 4937.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 10 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour