Letchworth music club set for new season
- Credit: Archant
The Letchworth Music Club opens its next series of chamber music concerts on Wednesday.
The group welcomes back the Archaeus Quartet – Ann Hooley and Rosemary Lock on violins, Elizabeth Turnbull on the viola and Martin Bradshaw on the cello.
The Archaeus are known for their versatility in producing programmes of wide variety.
Wednesday’s concert will see the group play quartets by Haydn Opus 54, No. 1 in G, Shostakovich Opus 49, No. 1 and Beethoven Opus 131 in C sharp minor.
The concert will take place in the meeting room of Howgills Friends Meeting House in South View at 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £12 for adults and £6 for children under 18, available at the door.
Further chamber music concerts in the present series will take place on the second Wednesday every month until May 2019.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
For more information go to letchworthmusicclub.co.uk