Letchworth man with Parkinson's organises charity walk
A PARKINSON’s sufferer has organised a treasure hunt walk in an ongoing bid to raise funds for finding a cure for the disease.
Roddy Lee, of Spring Road, Letchworth GC, has had the degenerative neurological disease for nearly three years and last year trekked 100 kilometres across the Sahara desert raising �10,000 in aid of Parkinson’s UK.
This latest fundraiser, arranged by Roddy and his wife Caroline, was a little closer to home as around 70 walkers of all ages took part in the four-mile walk around Willian and Letchworth GC on Saturday.
Nearly �500 has been raised from the event, which started and finished at The Three Horseshoes pub in Willian.
The 55-year-old said: “Caroline and I were delighted so many friends and families could join the treasure hunt which has raised nearly �500 so far, and also helped to raise awareness of Parkinson’s and the fantastic work Parkinson’s UK does.
You may also want to watch:
“Its work is totally dependent on donations, and it is through the generosity of participants in events like the treasure hunt that enables Parkinson’s UK to continue its work to find a cure and improve the quality of life for people affected by Parkinson’s.”
The pair now have their sights set on another challenge in November when they attempt a trek in Nepal.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
Roddy and Caroline will take on the Annapurna range in the hope of raising another �10,000 for Parkinson’s UK, climbing 10,000 feet in the process.
To make a donation for their Nepal trek, visit www.justgiving.com/RoddyandCarolineLee-TrekNepal2010