Letchworth man sustains serious facial injuries after assault in Hitchin nightclub
- Credit: Archant
A Letchworth man in his 40s was taken to hospital with serious facial injuries following an altercation with a group of men in a Hitchin nightclub.
The incident took place around 2am on Saturday, December 23, when the victim became involved in a verbal argument with the group of men inside Osinsky’s nightclub in Market Place.
One of the men pushed the victim to the floor and they all began kicking and punching him in the head. As a result, the man sustained serious head injuries. He was later released, but will undergo further surgery.
Dt Sgt Will Ainsworth from the North Herts Local Crime unit said: “This was an unprovoked attacked where the victim has sustained nasty facial injuries.
“I am appealing to anyone who was in the club at the time and saw the incident take place to please get in contact as soon as possible. We know the area was very busy at the time of the offence, so it is likely many people saw the attack.
You may also want to watch:
“We have spoken to a couple of people who saw what happened, but we’d like to speak to them again and particularly anyone who has not yet spoken to us. Any information you provide could help us to find those responsible for this crime.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting crime reference number G1/17/3992, or report information online via herts.police.uk/Report.
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright