Letchworth man released on police bail after arrest in connection with 1990 murder of Andrew Bedford
- Credit: Archant
A man from Letchworth who was arrested yesterday in connection with the murder of a man who was killed more than 25 years ago has been released on police bail.
The 45-year-old – who will return to Thorpe Wood Police Station on April 4 – was arrested on suspicion of perverting the court of justice yesterday in relation to the 1990 murder of Andrew Bedford.
Andrew was last seen in Ramsey on September 28, 1990, and detectives believe he was killed later that evening with a shotgun at a garage which no longer exists in the town called Mongrel Cars.
A further seven people were arrested in connection with the murder yesterday, six have been released on conditional bail and a man remains in police custody.
Operation Ongar was relaunched on April 10 last year by the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the Major Crime Unit on 01480 422791, email email@example.com, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair