Letchworth man in court on burglary charges
- Credit: Archant
A 31-YEAR-OLD man has appeared in court charged with burglary.
Joe Skelsey, from Tabbs Close in Letchworth GC, was charged with burglary, taking a vehicle without consent and driving without a licence or insurance.
He appeared at Hatfield Remand Court on Tuesday and was remanded into custody.
The charges relate to an incident when police were called to Great Braitch Lane, Hatfield, at 11.15am on August 21, where a man was seen running from a property and was detained by a resident while police arrived.
Detective inspector for Welwyn Hatfield, Oliver Johnston, said: “This is just one of a series of burglaries in Hatfield recently and would advise people to take extra security precautions to prevent becoming a victim. This time of year when the weather is warm we tend to leave our windows open which can be an open invite to a burglar. Please ensure you keep all doors and windows secured when leaving your property and going to bed at night.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d also ask people to be vigilant. If you see anyone acting suspiciously around a property then please call police immediately via 999.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage