Letchworth man helps woman out of car minutes before it bursts into flames
Minutes after a Letchworth GC man went to the aid of two women drivers trapped in these vehicles one of the cars burst into flames. The dramatic picture was taken by IT consultant Alan Gray, 61, of Western Way, after he and another driver helped the women following
Minutes after a Letchworth GC man went to the aid of two women drivers trapped in these vehicles one burst into flames.
The dramatic picture was taken by IT consultant Alan Gray, 61, of Western Way, after he and another driver helped the women following the incident in the centre of Cottered yesterday afternoon.
"I was following a white Nova on my way home when there was a collision with a red Fiesta in Cottered village," said Mr Gray, who works in Harlow.
"A BMW also stopped and the driver helped me get the women out and we called the emergency services.
You may also want to watch:
"I noticed the white Nova starting to smoke from the engine area then it burst into flames. If that had happened a few minutes earlier we could have had a tragedy on our hands."
The women were treated by paramedics at the scene and the fire service from Buntingford dealt with the fire.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction