Letchworth man charged with possession of drugs and stolen bank cards after officers mount dawn raid
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old man from Letchworth has been charged with possession of drugs and stolen bank cards after a dawn raid on Friday.
Officers entered the home in Hillbrow at about 6.30am and seized what are thought to be class B drugs and stolen items, including a driving licence and bank cards.
James Small, of Hillbrow, was arrested and subsequently charged with possession of a class B drug and possession of stolen property.
PC Matt Hopkins, who led the Letchworth and Baldock safer neighbourhood team operation, said: “Drug related crime in Letchworth is low and to keep it that way we are determined to deal robustly with anyone believed to be involved in such offences.
“Through our own investigations and information from the public, we can work together to keep Letchworth safe and I would therefore strongly encourage people to always report suspicious activity to us should they come across it.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Small has been released on police bail and is set to appear before Stevenage magistrates on December 5.
Crime or suspicious activity can be reported to police on the non-emergency number 101. Call 999 in an emergency or if an offence is in progress.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
You can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or use their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.