Letchworth man charged with handling stolen goods after police raid Hitchin shop
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with handling stolen goods following a raid on a shop.
Satbinder Parmar, of Norton Road in Letchworth GC, was arrested at Lifestyle Express in Cadwell Lane, Hitchin last Wednesday.
The 44-year-old has been charged with handling stolen goods between December 2013 and April 2014.
He is due before Stevenage Magistrates Court on July 14 and is currently on bail.
Police officers, along with Trading Standards and Customs and Excise, attended the shop following investigations into allegations that stolen goods had been sold from the shop.
You may also want to watch:
A number of items, including alcohol and cash, were seized from the premises.
A 42-year-old woman from Letchworth GC was arrested in the investigation and has been issued with a caution.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home