Letchworth man arrested after cannabis and cocaine seized from home
- Credit: Archant
A Letchworth man has been arrested after cannabis and cocaine was seized from his home.
After acting upon intelligence, police officers issued a search warrant on a house in Pyms Close at about 1pm on Friday.
During the search, eight wraps of cannabis and 19 grams of cocaine were seized, as well as drugs paraphernalia including weighing scales and deal bags.
A 28-year-old was arrested on suspicion of possession of Class A and Class B drugs and possession with intent to supply.
The man was released on bail and is due to return to Stevenage police station on May 22.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Jon Vine, who leads North Herts’ Operation Scorpion team, said: “Drug related crime in Letchworth is low and to keep it that way we are determined to deal robustly with anyone believed to be involved in such offences.
“Through our own investigations and information from the public, we can work together to keep Letchworth safe and I would therefore strongly encourage people to always report suspicious activity to us should they come across it.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
The raid was part of Operation Scorpion, a police initiative to crack down on people involved in drug and vehicle related crime.
Crime of suspicious activity can be reported via the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.