Letchworth man accused of murdering 85-year-old Nicolas Daher remanded in custody to appear at Luton Crown Court tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
A Letchworth man charged with the murder of an 85-year-old pensioner has been remanded in custody to appear at Luton Crown Court tomorrow.
Sami Ozone, 60, of Whitethorn Lane, is accused of murdering Nicolas Daher in a domestic incident at a house in the street on Wednesday.
He appeared at Hatfield Remand Court yesterday.
Mr Daher’s family said yesterday in a statement: “None of us can believe the shocking and tragic way in which someone so close has been taken away from us.
“Please respect our privacy at this extremely difficult time.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident has shaken neighbours in the quiet road, with one mother telling the Comet of her disbelief that ‘something like this has happened on our doorstep’.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed