Letchworth large-scale theatre production postponed
- Credit: Archant
A company that organises art events have postponed a large-scale theatre production.
Arts Assembly had been hoping to house a production in a 400-seater Big Top on Broadway Gardens in Letchworth GC this Christmas, but have delayed the staging of the event until 2015 in an effort to drum up more support for the project.
The not-for-profit enterprise would have run for five weeks over the festive period this year, showcasing family musical The Night Before Christmas, penned by Hitchin-based writers Miles Chapman and Mark O’Sullivan.
Producer Sue Scott Davison said: “The Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation are unable to support it this Christmas, but will be behind it next year. This gives us more time to develop the show, and get the businesses on board.
“We will continue working on the production and will present again.”
You may also want to watch:
Heritage Foundation chief executive John Lewis said: “The more time to plan such a large production the better, so we support their decision to move the date.
“It will be great for the town to have such an exciting event and hopefully next year our new theatre will be open and we will be able to host it there.”
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
Arts Assembly will be presenting a trailer for the show and displaying exhibition boards from 10am-4pm on Saturday, June 7 as part of the Letchworth Festival in the Creative Arts Arena on Broadway.
The project is a co-production with Letchworth Arts Centre, The Da Vinci Studio School for Creative Enterprise and North Hertfordshire College, under the newly formed banner, Arts Assembly.