Letchworth Howard Rotary Club member given prestigious award
- Credit: Archant
A Letchworth Howard Rotary Club member has been awarded a Paul Harris Fellowship, one of the organisation’s highest honours, during a surprise ceremony at his own home
Colin Green and his wife Karen were hosting the club’s end of Rotary year handover event in their garden when he was unexpectedly called upon by the club’s outgoing president David Glanville.
David announced that Rotary International has agreed to a club proposal that Colin be honoured with the prestigious award in recognition for his work for Rotary and fundraising over the last 30 years.
The club also welcomed Lisa Seccombe of Garden House Hospice Care to the presentation, where she was given a cheque for £3,035 as a result of Letchworth Howard fundraising events.
She said: “We’re very blessed with all the Rotary groups in our area, and this club is just amazing,” said Lisa.
“The hospice wouldn’t be there without people like you.”
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 5 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Stevenage-built spacecraft in risky Earth flyby