Letchworth hairdresser blows away the judges to net top award
- Credit: Archant
A newly qualified hairdresser has blown away the competition to scoop a top award.
Louisa Jones from Letchworth’s The Salon has won the senior bridal category in the Central Training Group photographic hair competition.
The 20-year-old completed her NVQ training with the Essex-based Central Hairdressing Academy and went up against other stylists from the region.
She said: “The Salon is very passionate about competing in all sorts of competitions.
“This competition is for trainees and winning has given me confidence to try for other opportunities, such as being part of our entry for the L’Oreal Colour Trophy.”
You may also want to watch:
Danny Eastwell, who owns the Station Parade-based salon, said: “We are all very proud of her win and having now experienced what it is like to work under real pressure, Louisa should be an asset to our artistic team.”
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home