Letchworth Grammar School class of 1948 share fond memories at second annual reunion
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth Grammar School old boys and girls have returned from far and wide for their second reunion in as many years.
Members of the 1948 intake shared fond memories of yesteryear when they met last Thursday at The Gardener’s Arms in Wilbury Hills Road, the same venue as last year.
The grammar school became Fearnhill School in the 1970s.
“It was a good reunion,” said organiser Tony Rutherford.
“The best thing that came out of it was a strong feeling of gratitude to our teachers.
You may also want to watch:
“We wished we could tell them now what we didn’t realise at the time.
“Perhaps someone reading this will be a child or grandchild of the teachers at Letchworth Grammar School in the 1940s and ’50s.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
“If so, thanks for everything we have achieved in life. We owe it all to your parents or grandparents – and an occasional bit of work by us!”
Tony added that anyone who started at LGS in 1948 is welcome to come to the third annual reunion planned for next year. For details email email@example.com.