Letchworth Grammar School class of 1948 set for second reunion in as many years
- Credit: Archant
Former pupils of Letchworth Grammar School are set to return from near and far for a reunion next month.
It will be the second meeting in as many years for members of the 1948 intake, whose school was replaced by Fearnhill School in the 1970s.
Highlights of last year’s reunion included a visit by the old pupils to Fearnhill, which put out old school memorabilia to mark the occasion and gave the visitors a very warm welcome.
A poignant moment came when a former head boy spotted his name on the old LGS honours board, still proudly displayed at Fearnhill.
Organiser Tony Rutherford said: “The reunion will go on all afternoon for reminiscing, sharing photos and mementoes, and catching up.
You may also want to watch:
“Afterwards, we hope to visit the site of the old grammar school at the da Vinci School, at a time to be confirmed.”
The reunion will be at the Gardeners Arms in Wilbury Hills Road, the same venue as last year, on Thursday, June 16, starting at noon.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
For more information about the reunion, contact Tony by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.