Letchworth GC worker will row marathon distance in mother's memory
ON the day of the London Marathon Graeme Riddle will cover the 26 miles 385 yards sitting down! Mr Riddle, 36, a podiatrist at the Letchworth Clinic in Station Road, Letchworth GC, will be sitting on a rowing machine in a gym and covering his personal mar
ON the day of the London Marathon Graeme Riddle will cover the 26 miles 385 yards sitting down!
Mr Riddle, 36, a podiatrist at the Letchworth Clinic in Station Road, Letchworth GC, will be sitting on a rowing machine in a gym and covering his personal marathon distance to raise around �1,000 for Bowel Cancer UK in memory of his mother Veronica Riddle who died of the disease.
A former rugby player for Hertford and Wasps-under 21s, Mr Riddle said some of his clients pushed him to make the rowing challenge.
"Each year I have a whole band of marathon runners entering my clinic leading up to the London Marathon and to be honest I thought these guys were mad until I said I would row a marathon," said Mr Riddle, who lives in Braughing with his wife and three children.
You may also want to watch:
"In a bit of a drunken challenge on Christmas Day between myself and my cousin I agreed to row a marathon distance on the same day as the London Marathon. My cousin is running it and I am sitting down and rowing it.
"I had to give up playing rugby four years ago through injury but try and keep fit in the gym to keep my weight down. This is a big challenge but it is for a good cause in memory of my mother so I will go the distance.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go