Letchworth GC set for Christmas fun day
IF carol singing and advent calendars weren t enough to fill the children of Letchworth GC with festive spirit, the Heritage Museum is raising spirits even higher – with the return of its annual Christmas Fun Day. Families can start their festive holiday
IF carol singing and advent calendars weren't enough to fill the children of Letchworth GC with festive spirit, the Heritage Museum is raising spirits even higher - with the return of its annual Christmas Fun Day.
Families can start their festive holiday this Saturday between 11am and 4pm with party games, quizzes and competitions, perfect for five-year-olds and over.
There will be arts and craft activities available; creative youngsters can make a stocking filler or design a present label.
You can also learn about the story of Christmas by visiting the museum's new website www.gardencitymuseum.org Why not test your festive knowledge by taking part in a special online Christmas quiz?
You may also want to watch:
The museum is located in Norton Way South. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Set in a beautiful thatched cottage building and gardens, the museum is filled with hand-made arts and crafts furniture and paintings, while its exhibits and displays tell the story of Letchworth GC, the world's first garden city.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
The museum's current special exhibition, Are You Being Served? explores the fascinating history of shopping in the town and runs until March 6, 2010.
The museum is open Monday to Saturday 10am - 5pm but is closed: Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Admission to residents and students is 50p, for non-residents it is a �1, under-16s are free.
For more information call the museum on 01462 482710, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or log on to www.gardencitymuseum.org