Letchworth Garden City Cricket Club boosted by completion of new £14,500 practice nets
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth Garden City Cricket Club has received a welcome boost with the completion of a £14,500 project to refurbish their practice nets.
The new nets at Whitethorn Lane are the first major project overseen by the club’s new chairman Simon Manning, and were made possible thanks to donations from past and present players and a £12,000 Heritage Foundation grant.
Mr Manning is keen to ensure this is just the start of facility improvements at the club.
He said: “The refurbishment of the nets was much-needed and now provides a high-class facility for players of all ages to practice seven days a week.
“This year we have also invested in a new sight-screen, extra covers and a new roller at our second ground at Fairfield Park, all of which has given the club a real boost.
“There’s an excellent feel about the club this year with the 1st XI back in the Premier League, around 50 kids new to the sport taking part in the ECB All Stars Cricket initiative on Friday evenings, and of course the new facilities.
“We are extremely grateful to the Heritage Foundation and all those who have donated money to help us improve the facilities. This will help us to ensure we remain one of the premier clubs in Hertfordshire and secure the future of cricket in the town for generations to come.”
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 3 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 4 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 5 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 6 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 7 Stevenage fun day in aid of TRACKS Autism
- 8 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 9 Funeral mass for beloved Kajetan Migdal to take place in Letchworth
- 10 Hertfordshire businesses honoured in Muddy Stilettos Awards 2022
Letchworth have been chosen to host the Hertfordshire Readers County Cup T20 finals on July 9 – there will be a barbecue and much more from 10am as Bishop’s Stortford, Hertford, Potters Bar and Totteridge Millhillians battle to be crowned champions.
To find out more about the club see letchworth.play-cricket.com.