Letchworth Food & Drink Festival returns this bank holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth Food & Drink Festival is to return to the town centre this bank holiday weekend with a host of attractions to enjoy.
The festival brings with it a range of world foods, refreshments, celebrity chefs, cookery demonstrations, live entertainment and children’s activities.
With more than 70 food and drink stalls including Spanish, Turkish and Indian, as well as prosecco and cocktail stands, organisers promise there will be something for everyone this weekend.
Patricia Saunders – manager of Letchworth BID, which puts on the annual event, said: “We’ve planned a fabulous line-up including Saira Hamilton, a MasterChef finalist, the hotly anticipated Chilli Olly, accomplished food writer Anne Harnan and Letchworth’s very own Emma Al-Hudairi from The Cupcake Company – all held together by Simon Brown, our wonderful kitchen demo compere.
“We’d like to invite everyone to come along and support our local area by joining us at this fantastic free event, funded by town centre businesses and organisations. It’s a calendar must!”
While enjoying the food and drink on offer you can also get involved in some activities. North Herts College catering students will be running a stand where you can decorate your own cupcakes – just one of the various workshops and arts and crafts demos available.
The wealth of children’s entertainment in store includes free pictures with their favourite mascots, a funfair, free face painting and even free candyfloss.
- 1 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 2 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 3 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 4 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 5 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
- 6 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 7 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 8 Avid quizmaster raising funds for rape and sexual assault support service
- 9 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 10 Our sporting stars celebrated with museum exhibition
In addition to food, drink and activities, live entertainment will see performances from Imajica Theatre Company and a collection of local street musicians.
And Letchworth BID say the festival provides opportunities for local businesses to take advantage of the high footfall throughout the town and showcase products and services. They expect to draw visitors from all over the county.
Sponsors include Progress Group – which will be showcasing a number of its cars throughout the town over the weekend – North Hertfordshire College and Wentworth Kitchens.
Festivities kick off at 10am and continue until 4pm on both Saturday and Sunday in Letchworth town centre.
To download the event guide and for further information visit loveletchworth.com.