Letchworth floral designer’s Dutch Winter House extravaganza set to enchant guests from across the UK
- Credit: Archant
A Dutch floral designer whose Winter House shows in Letchworth have become a staple of the early Christmas season is getting set to welcome visitors for the eighth year.
Alice Calcasola van der List is expecting guests from all over the UK to converge on her family home at 15 Sollershott East over the three evenings, starting on Monday, November 28.
The house is also the headquarters of her floral design business All In One Season – and every year Alice opens the doors for the public to see the handcrafted winter wonderland.
“This is a very special time of year for us,” said Alice.
“We start planning in September, then in October I drive over to Holland and spend a week on the road visiting all my wholesalers. It’s a good thing we brought a bigger van this year!
You may also want to watch:
“I remember that first year back in 2009, waiting nervously for the guests to arrive – not knowing if anyone would. Now we get more than 800 people and we have had to modify how we do things to cope with the numbers.
“Last year we introduced an online ticketing system. This year we’re giving timed slots to help with the flow of visitors, and we’re also investing in a till system.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 4 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
As the Comet went to press last night some 65 per cent of all tickets have already been sold, with two of the three opening night slots sold out.
And those signed up to attend come from as far away as Norfolk, Lincolnshire, Kent and Manchester.
Tickets are £5 plus an event booking fee, but you’ll receive a £5 refund at the tills on any purchases made.
Entry is at 6pm, 7pm or 8pm on either Monday, November 28, Wednesday, November 30, or Friday, December 2. To book your ticket see winterhouse2016.eventbrite.co.uk.