Letchworth filmmaker originally from earthquake-hit Italian region to hold charity screening in Hitchin to raise money for victims
- Credit: Archant
A Letchworth filmmaker originally from the region of Italy hit by August’s earthquake is set to hold a charity screening in Hitchin this Sunday night to raise money for the victims.
Gennaro Capasso, 45, has put together the film The Daughter over the past four months, using actors from the community – and this Sunday it is to be premiered at the Hermitage Rd Bar and Restaurant, with all proceeds going to the Italy Earthquake Relief Fund.
Tickets are £15 each, including a glass of prosecco, and there will also be a fundraising raffle on the night.
“This is all self-funded by me and I will not make a penny from it,” said Gennaro.
“I’m hoping to get between 50 and 100 people to attend – if we reached this number we would be very happy.
You may also want to watch:
“There’ll be live music first from about 7.30pm until the screening starts at 9pm. We should be doing a quick Q&A session afterwards as well.”
Posters for the movie are on show at the Hermitage in Hitchin, The Fox at Willian, The Cricketers in Weston and La Concha in Letchworth.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
Gennaro came to England aged 20 from the port city of Pescara, less than 50 miles east of the earthquake’s epicentre near Amatrice.
His mum and sister are still in Pescara – and Gennaro told the Comet in August that the tragedy had prompted him to turn the film ‘from a vanity project into a charity project’.
He added: “I know I can do this because Letchworth is behind me.”
Anyone interested in attending can email Gennaro at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 07799 896414.
For more about the Italy Earthquake Relief Fund, see globalgiving.org/projects/italy-earthquake-relief-fund.