Letchworth Festival kicks off tomorrow with grand opening parade extravaganza
- Credit: Archant
The first parade in Letchworth for more than 30 years will spring to life tomorrow to kick off a fortnight of festival fun.
Letchworth Festival’s grand opening day kicks off with a parade of majorettes, Da Vinci School students in carnival dress, Morris dancers and many more marching around the town from The Broadway Gardens.
There will be a central stage to showcase musicians from the area – including Owen Stephens singing Ed Sheeran – as well as various dance groups performing throughout the day.
Completing the picture will be art and craft stalls lining Broadway Walk, with artists selling their own work and providing the public with an opportunity to purchase an original.
The Parade will assemble by Broadway Gardens with the march route including part of Gernon Road, Eastcheap, Station Road and Station Place with a return along Broadway Walk to Broadway Gardens.
You may also want to watch:
Road closures will be in place between 9.30am and 11.30am for all roads and vehicle access points leading onto Broadway Gardens, Eastcheap, Station Place and the lower end of Broadway to allow the festival parade to gather and pass safely.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn