Letchworth festival championing community spirit full to bursting in third week
- Credit: Archant
A festival which champions community spirit was ‘full to bursting’ in its third week, with the last dose of fun taking place today.
The latest February Festival session in The Wynd served up a generous helping of creative activities including T-shirt designing, 3D drawing and storytelling.
A highlight of the day was when young singer Erin Murray from New Youth Foundation workshop popped in to deliver a ‘mesmerising’ acapella performance.
Noel Koscielny said: “Everyone has been fantastic getting behind this fabulous festival.
“Listening to Erin made my spine tingle, you could hear a pin drop – the only time the studio was quiet all day!
You may also want to watch:
“She is a real talent for the future.”
Craft Cocoon director Liberty Ward said: “I am truly amazed by the Community Connections team coming up with more crafts, artists and volunteers to run all these wonderful and inspiring activities.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine
“It is heart warming that so many young people, families and adults enjoyed Saturday’s selection – the whole place was buzzing.”
The last dose of February Festival fun at Craft Cocoon takes place today from 11am until 1pm, with a free drumming workshop from Soundhoppers, bracelet making and plenty more creative activities on offer.