Letchworth Deborah’s inspirational story circles the globe
- Credit: Archant
The husband of a nurse who died just hours before being named in the New Year’s Honours List says the widespread media coverage since the Comet first reported the story last week has been ‘amazing’.
Soon after the Comet’s exclusive report about mental health nurse Deborah Bone, a website selling the interactive resource she created to help young children deal with stress – the BrainBox – crashed due to surging traffic.
The story was picked up by the BBC and other broadcasters and a range of national newspapers.
Husband Colin said: “She would have been absolutely over the moon to hear about all of this.
“She was a very outgoing person. Everything that she talked about or did had a positive impact. It was really quite remarkable that she achieved so much in 51 years.
You may also want to watch:
“She would work into the small hours of the night writing away, finding new ways to help young people.”
Deborah was recognised in the honours list due to her pioneering work in mental health.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 9 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 10 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
As well as developing the BrainBox, she was the co-creator of the award-winning Bright Stars programme which is used in primary schools across Hertfordshire.
Deborah’s funeral will be held at 11am on Friday, January 16, at St Nicholas Church in Hinxworth. The family has asked for donations in her memory to go to the Young Minds charity (www.youngminds.org.uk).