Letchworth couple win wedding competition
- Credit: Archant
MEET Savannah-Jo Joyce and Jamie Storey, who have just won a wedding thanks to the Comet and Holiday Inn Stevenage.
The couple, who live in Letchworth GC, entered our competition to win a wedding at the hotel, by sending a picture in of themselves.
The Comet compiled a shortlist of entries and readers were asked to vote for the couple they wanted to win.
Speaking just after the Comet told her she had won, Savannah-Jo said: “I can’t believe it – is this a wind-up?
“We bought our first home in 2011, and a mortgage is our priority. We were just going to married when we could afford it.”
You may also want to watch:
Savannah-Jo, 21, and Jamie, 29, first met at the Arena Tavern in Letchworth GC, where Savannah-Jo works as an assistant manager.
Things went from there, and the couple later met-up for a drink in Newcastle which cemented their relationship.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
The couple have been together three years, and Jamie proposed nearly a year ago today, on Savannah-Jo’s 21st birthday, although things didn’t quite go to plan.
“He was meant to take me out for lunch and propose there, but I invited my mum along, so he obviously couldn’t do it,” said Savannah-Jo.
“Instead, we met in the pub before it was open, just the two of us.”
The couple will now work with Holiday Inn Stevenage to decide the details of their big day. The couple will now work with Holiday Inn Stevenage to decide the details of their big day. The prize includes a £2,850 wedding, with up to 50 guests for the ceremony and wedding breakfast, and 80 guests for the evening buffet.
Their wedding will be featured in the Comet.
Scott Mills, Holiday Inn Stevenage revenue manager, said: “We are very excited for the young couple and look forward to welcoming both Jamie and Savannah-Jo in joining us to celebrate their special day.
“Our four star hotel in the centre of Stevenage is becoming ever more popular for weddings and we hope to grow each year from strength to strength ensuring we continue to provide the local community a first class venue for them to enjoy the most memorable day of their lives.
“With us it is your wedding, your way, for a truly personalised day which I’m sure Jamie and Savannah-Jo will remember for years to come.”