Letchworth couple who reached 60 years of marriage ‘lucky to have each other’
- Credit: Archant
A Letchworth couple who reached 60 years of marriage today are “lucky to have each other”.
Stan and Doris Mynard, of Romany Close, are celebrating their diamond wedding anniversary with a tea party among friends, family and neighbours on today.
Stan said: “We met each other at the dance hall on Hermitage Road in Hitchin many years ago, and we have both lived in Hertfordshire for much of our lives.
“We have been lucky to have each other and lucky that we have survived this long.
“Many of our neighbours and other relations have sadly passed on.
You may also want to watch:
“We have played bowls for 30 years and also enjoy playing cards and bridge together.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 10 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings